2017: what a year! 2018, we have a good feeling about you.
"2017: what a doozy you were! You started so gently! The astrologers said it was a '1' year, which meant a time for new beginnings. I was so excited! But I didn't expect to be forced to get rid all the old stuff first. It makes sense, but still..." (an excerpt from Amanda's journal)
I want to take this time to thank you. You, our beloved customer, tribe member, beautiful being...yes, you. We wouldn't be here without you. We hope that our presence in your life brings a bit of warmth, sparkle and fun.
For this post, I won't take much of your valuable time, I promise! I simply want to look back on 2017, and what it means for 2018 - what you can expect going forward.
We had quite a few highlights last year! Here's a quick recap:
1) our Sisterhood Event:
- this event brought many amazing women together, in an evening of laughter, sharing and food and wine. We will be hosting another one in early 2018, so keep an eye out for it!
2) the Mental Health Collection launch:
- this Collection featured updated designs - it's beautiful.
- more importantly, this Collection also prompted us to have real conversations with real people about their mental health. It was a rewarding journey, and on a personal level, I learned SO much. Our work here is not done, so keep an eye out in 2018 for more.
3) random acts of kindness:
- in our mission to 'spread goodness,' we realized that being kind is something we wanted to focus on! We did random acts of kindness around our hometown, and produced a video highlighting how easy it is to be kind.
- spreading kindness is going to be a HUGE part of our 2018. Huge.
- this was an idea that's been lingering since 2016, so we pulled the trigger and did it! We now have t-shirts! They have been a huge hit...everyone loves the two designs, the softness of the shirts, and that they're made in Canada. The best part? We are adding more styles soon. Yay!
5) the Sparkle & Shine Collection:
- this is our bestselling Collection to-date. The feisty and beautiful sayings, combined with metallic ink and fresh designs? Yep, it's solid gold.
6) retail partnerships:
- did you know? So far, we've teamed up with 11 store owners, to get our products out there! We absolutely adore these stores in Alberta and Saskatchewan, and are aiming to team up with even more partners in 2018!
Whew! What a year. As you can see, 2017 provided a solid foundation for 2018.
2018 will bring more connection, fun, products, and joy. We have a few things in our back pocket, and we can't wait to share them with you. (teaser: road trip, anyone?!) I am literally bouncing in my office chair, as I think of what's to come.
Thanks again, for being here with us. We can't wait to keep delighting you.
P.S. On a personal level, 2017 was a doozy. A split from my husband meant I had to refocus, reprioritize, and dream about my life anew. It was tricky at times, but I wouldn't change it. Thank you for your support through it all. It means the world to me.
P.P.S. Thank you to Jade Lauren Photography for these beautiful photos.
P.P.P.S. Want to follow our 2018 adventures? Find us on Instagram and Facebook, by clicking on the icons at the top or bottom of the page.
(Keep on going, my friends. It's what we do.)